forumcti.com

Cimatron Technologies Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2.5 axis profile with cutter comp
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:20 pm 

A customer wrote:

When I post this procedure I am getting a message on my machine that no feed rate is specified.

Hi Tony,

It looks like you made an edit in your post to remove the D output for the cutter comp, while still outputting the G41. The CUTCOM_ON cutter comp variable is modal, so once it's output, it won't be output again until it is reset. Well in the standard posts, I cheat this sometimes, outputting the G41 towards the beginning of a line, then resetting the modal state of the CUTCOM_ON variable to trigger the D output later in the same line, and then setting the CUTCOM_ON variable off again so that the system can be ready for the next time. So if you comment out just the D output line, the CUTCOM_ON variable never gets set off, and the G41's just keep coming.

The fix is easy. Take a look at line 658 in your .ex2 file. It looks like this:

IF_SET (CUTCOM_ON) OUTPUT CUTCOM_ON SPACE ; SET_ON CUTCOM_ON ; END_IF ; //OUTPUT CUTTER COMP ON CODE IF MODAL AND MAKE IT MODAL AGAIN TO OUTPUT THE DIAMETER REGISTER

All you need to do is remove the SET_ON CUTCOM_ON ; that I use to manually reset the CUTCOM_ON variable. Like this:

IF_SET (CUTCOM_ON) OUTPUT CUTCOM_ON SPACE ; END_IF ; //OUTPUT CUTTER COMP ON CODE IF MODAL

I edited the comment as well so that it would make sense. Once you make this single change, you should be back in business.

Post subject: Re: 2.5 axis profile with cutter comp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 am 

Thanks for that, I'll give that a try.